Webb's Winter Work Experience
Webb Students Working Across the USA and Around the World
While other colleges were taking a long winter's nap, Webb students were gaining valuable experience in the real world. It's called "Winter Work," and it happens every January and February for every student. Freshmen work alongside ship fitters and welders in shipyards. Sophomores plow the oceans, realizing that crews will have to live and work on their future designs. Juniors and seniors network and apply themselves in design offices. Like the maritime industry, our Winter Work experience is global with more and more students finding themselves overseas with jobs in countries including Antarctica, British Columbia, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Italy, the Netherlands, South Korea and the United Arab Emirates.
Webb Institute's Winter Work experience is unlike any other. Read first-hand accounts of our students' Winter Work, or check out where they've worked this year at the links below.
- Meet the Winter Work Bloggers
- See Where Webbies are Working This Winter
- Fairy Tales about Winter and Summer Work - Watch Video Now!
- A Once in a Lifetime Salvage Project Involving Webb Students: Costa Concordia
- Read about Past Winter Work Experiences from 2010, 2011, and 2012